Sunday 4 November 2012

Snazzing Up Some Booooring Box Braids with Creme of Nature Products


I really don’t like how my box braids turned out. I braided my hair last week, so I refuse to take them out so soon, so I figured I’d curl them to pretty them up a bit.



I washed and conditioned my hair with Crème of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner on Saturday afternoon, then applied the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner and Creme of Nature Foaming Wrap Lotion to hair that was 70% dry.  I set my curls on small perm rods.  I got my perm rods at the beauty supply store.  The brand is Goody.  I set about 3 braids on each perm rod, so my hair would dry quickly.  I did not want to use heat to set my hair, so I put the rods in early enough that I wouldn’t have to go to sleep with a damp head.

On Sunday morning, I removed the perm rods in the morning and pinned my hair to one side.

That’s it!  

Curls after taking them down when I got back home.
The Foaming Wrap Lotion seems to have good hold.  I'm going to try lots of styles using this.  I can't get over how soft and moisturized my hair is!  I usually have to slather on oils and butters to get my hair to feel like this, and then it's a little greasy.  This is the first time I've been able to experience soft, moisturized hair without using a creamy leave-in or shea butter.  I'm really liking this Creme of Nature Argan Oil line so far.  It may just be that "staple" I've been looking for!


----------------------------

Find me online:


No comments:

Post a Comment